Tuesday, August 7, 2007

(HBOT 45) Continues to Withdraw Socially

When I dropped Jonathan up at the daycare, I asked the teacher to tell me how yesterday went. She said it went great. Jonathan initiated lots of play. He is very smart and answers all the questions related to academics (which we already know he is advanced in this area for his age) and overall they missed him and he did great. He spent 10 hours there, so I was very very concerned. But he coped.

In the afternoon we met a the chamber. My dad is going to bring him to the church every day and I will meet them there since it is 4 miles from my office. His attention is very scattered. We went in, and I had to tell him several times to take his shoes off, etc. And he didn't say hi spontaneously to anyone. But he started asking Tom questions about the chamber, who was going next, etc. Once inside the chamber, he did well going down because they went slow. There was another child that was in pain. His ears hurt. When we reached 1.5 atms, I put the hood on and he started watching Barnie. He really is not into Barnie. He saw some rubber animals, grabbed them and started playing with them and me. Some really good pretend play (going to eat at a restaurant, to sleep, jumping, etc.) I did some basic floortime with him where he told me what to do and I tried to create some basic problems to solve and he did great.

When we got home, I fixed dinner and we all ate. He then asked if he could play with the Playstation and we said yes. He went to my bedroom (where it is) and sat there. My brother, his wife and girls arrived from England. They are going to stay with us until Saturday. He did not come down to greet them because he was busy playing. He later came down and I asked if he knew their names. He was again very fidgety and unfocused. He knew only my brother's name (which is a good start that the remembered it).

He did not want to play much with the girls. He was really into his own thing.

No comments: