Monday, March 24, 2008

(No HBOT) Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Today is Jonathan's birthday. We celebrated it on Saturday, so I didn't plan to do anything at his school. He was excited that it was his birthday though.

He woke up in a good mood. Daddy put on a wrist-watch that one of the kids gave him as a birthday present and he was very proud of himself because he knew the time and he owned his own watch. At first he told us the time every minute, but after about 10 minutes, he stopped. He took him to school and he told me that he showed his teacher and she taught him how to use the timer. He was very excited to show me when I got home. He actually asked me for my phone and put the timer at 10 minutes and as soon as it went off, he gave me the phone. Mmmm, this might be a useful tool. :)

When we got home, we all decided to go out with Jonathan to celebrate his actual birthday. We decided to go to Chucky Cheese. The girls had a fabulous time. My 2 nieces loved playing with the games. Vanessa enjoyed a couple of games.

It amazes me every day to see Vanessa mature and grow up and experience what a "normal" child does and says and is interested in. Vanessa got into a car and there was a doll and she started talking to him like he was alive and put her hands around him, etc. I have a picture of Jonathan when he was about 2 that showed a lot of curiosity for the same doll. And I loved watching Vanessa have fun and interact and remembered that picture of Jonathan and thought to myself "what if he had never gotten those extra vaccines? Maybe he would have been okay". Oh well, things that keep crossing my head. After his second flu shot at 27 months, Jonathan never showed interest in that doll or cared to sit in that car at Chucky Cheese again.

Jonathan @ 22 months - he was really puzzled by this guy

Vanessa today at Chucky Cheese - she was very curious about this guy. And went a step further and pretended he was alive and started talking to him like he was a boyfriend and put her hand around him and had a great time.

We had a very good time today. Jonathan was in a good mood. He knows that he cannot play with electronics from Monday to Friday but begged me to play with him today a bit with the Wii because it was his birthday and I had not played with him yesterday as I had promised. So since that was a very complex and well thought-out conversation, I granted him 15 minutes of Wii (just today) and he would play with me (which we did). He went to bed happy.

I don't have any notes from the teacher, so I don't know if he did well or not.

1 comment:

El Pollo said...

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS JONATHAN !!!!