Sunday, March 9, 2008

(HBOT 107) Great Haircut Experience

Jonathan had HBOT early in the morning and then a birthday party from 1 to 3pm. I was a bit concerned about the birthday party because it was with laser guns and I thought he would get a bit overwhelmed with them. But instead, he LOVED them. Daddy said that Jonathan had a blast.

After that, we went over to our friends' house so he could play Nintendo Wii for a little while and then we went to the shopping mall to get the kids a haircut.

Getting him haircuts keeps getting better with time, but never like today. He really did not mind the trimmer at all. He watched Sponge Bob and moved his head the way the lady asked him, but he did not mind. The little trimmer that finishes up the back was a bit bothersome, but he hardly moved. I was so impressed that I asked the lady for her name and hours. She was even able to cut hair behind his ears without him minding. And for the first time since the beginning of cutting his hair, I did not have to help the stylist, I did not have to grab his head, I did not have to hold him down. I only asked him a couple of times to stay still for her, and he did.

Then I remembered that as we got in the car earlier, our friend Luis grabbed his ear and started playing with it and Jonathan did not mind. And Luis made the comment "remember when no one could touch his ears? check this out" and touched it again. By the third time, Jonathan said no more please.

Not sure exactly what this means since he is still moving a lot, so I couldn't say that his senses are starting to sync up. I don't think so. But perhaps his oversensitivity is starting to get better.

We went to the mall playground and on the way there, we saw an Easter Bunny guy taking pictures. Vanessa wanted to get a picture, so we stopped by and had both kids sit with the Bunny. Jonathan would not smile naturally. He was making terrible facial gestures. When the lady asked him why, he said "I am just out of energy. I don't want to get a picture".

He is out of energy a lot. It is Mitochondrial Disorder like symptoms and I give him supplements to help with that (per Yasko's suggestions). But that is exactly what the teachers complaint about in school. Lack of energy. We went to the playground and he just laid down next to me while Vanessa ran around. It was a very busy weekend. Perhaps he did not rest enough. But this is one of the biggest areas of concern.

After we got home, he went to play with the playstation and he was happy. They went to bed a bit late today (9pm). So I hope he has a good day tomorrow.

No comments: