Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

What a great day. Jonathan had a costume parade at school. I decided to go last minute as I was concerned that he would notice other parents and felt sad that we were not there. So I went and boy was he happy to see me. That was priceless.



I ran into Jonathan's school teacher and she stopped to tell me that something quite extraordinary had happened yesterday. Jonathan was leading a group of 5th graders and they were doing what he was telling them to do. She said she would give me the details next week in the parent-teacher's conference, but she and the other teachers were so very proud of him and she wanted to share that with me. Later today, she emailed me and told me another story that took place today:

"Jonathan spent recess playing with JXZ. He seemed to be having a blast. As we got in line to come in, he turns to JXZ and says, "I want to be your friend everyday!" JXZ smiled and said, "Me too!" This was great! I just love the sweetness of kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jonathan is becoming quite social. :>)"

That brought tears to my eyes!

We went trick or treating in the evening. Jonathan and Vanessa were so excited to go out tonight. Jonathan was dressed as Shrek. Vanessa was dressed as Ariel. And their friend A. was dressed up as Batman. A.'s mom was there facilitating the kids while I was taking pictures. Daddy dressed up as Darth Maul and walked with Vanessa. She had high heels and I was terrified that she was going to fall down on one of the steps. But she didn't. They had a blast. We walked to about 20 houses. And then the kids fought to give chocolates to the kids coming to our house. Great evening.








No comments: