Sunday, March 4, 2007

Roller Coaster of Emotions

Today was an interesting day. Jonathan woke up all excited that it was Sunday. He came to our bed and told us that it was daytime and asked for Vanessa. Dad told him that Vanessa was in her room and told Jonathan to go get her. He was so excited. And even though he had his CD in his hand, he wanted Vanessa to accompany him to his room to read books and play. It was really nice to witness (while I was still trying to get some sleep).

However, at around 11am, after he had listened to his CD for 10 times, Dad told him no more CD and he had a meltdown. I don't remember seeing him so so sad in a long time. But despite that, I was happily shocked by the way he communicated with me. I had no choice but to break Dad's command. He came to me and said: "Mommy, I'm so sad. Dad yell at me. Too loud. I want my CD. I don't want to play with toys. I am so sad. The CD is so sad. The CD don't want to take a break." A new tiny milestone. He was expressing himself through the CD.

He hugged me a lot today. And every time he hugged me, he rocked. Another regression. However, his hugs were very emotional. As he was looking for support. He did it throughout the day.

We went to visit our extended family and he did quite nicely. Interacted very well with our uncle as he asked him for a particular movie, followed him to obtain it and followed directions to put it on the DVD. He listened and followed directions quite nicely.

Overall, despite the OCD, the rocking and the humming (he hummed all day), he had pretty good language, and followed directions nicely.

No comments: