Monday, July 14, 2008

He is Making Comparisons

Jonathan continues to come out of his bubble. Every day is a new experience for me. This morning, he and Vanessa were talking and she wanted to see his belly. Vanessa told him that her belly was smaller. And he said: "Vanessa, I am fatter than you. You are skinny" Then Vanessa said: "But mom is skinny too Jonathan" and he said: "Yes she is, but you are more skinny than mom". Then Vanessa said "but Dad is fat like you Jonathan" and Jonathan said "but that is fatter than me". Now, what kind of conversation is this for a 4 and 6 year old to have I ask? However, I enjoyed it. Then I told them that they were both fine and didn't need to worry about being fat or skinny, just being healthy. That they have to eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

No comments: