One of the things that has worked for Jonathan is that I never stop searching for alternatives. I have been fortunate to be surrounded by other parents that have done this stuff before me and have great tips. One parents in the area where I live brought one of the Drs. that she sees to give a presentation for the local parents. Something very impersonal to both help him gain more clients and help us parents learn about new strategies.
When I came to the presentation, I was very impressed by how this Dr. spoke, and how much he knew. Not all DAN! Drs know biomedicine like Yasko or this Dr. do. He also has a child with autism, so he empathizes well. I decided to go see him with Jonathan on March 25th. He saw Jonathan and all his test (a huge binder I have with all the tests I have done since 2004) and looked and me and said "you know he looks like a 1 million dollar child". I told him yes. Then he looked at me and said "but I bet you want a 2 million dollar one" and I said yes. He congratulated me for all the work and for how well he was. He ordered a number of tests and sent me home.
On May 27 we had a follow up meeting over the phone to discuss his test results. The biggest issues he saw were:
- His cholesterol was too low (123). He told me to give him Sonic Cholesterol (2 pills twice a day) and test him in 90 days.
- His zinc was too low, but his copper looked find. Just continue to give him zinc but try to do it away from any other metals or foods
- His mitochondrial was a bit slow. Told me to give him L-carnitine and L-carnosine twice a day.
- His oxydative stress is a bit high. Told me to treat it with antioxidants (Vit E and Vit C plus everything else I am giving him and test again in 90 days)
- Prescribed Oxitocin since socialization was one of my major concerns. 1 pill twice a day, and
- He still has MERCURY. Jeez, that darn thing won't go away after 6 years of chelation. He is not treating this yet.